You and your people in your favorite place…all smiles, hugs and good vibes.
Making memories that last you a lifetime.
Taking photos with your family should be a fun and engaging time.
If I’m being honest, I know it can be tough to rally the troops and get the look you were hoping for, but with these top 5 tips you’ll be sure to stay ahead of the game when it comes time to snapping those pics that leave lasting memories!
- Plan Ahead!
- Discuss with your photographer when and where you want to shoot!
- Golden hour (sunset) makes for the best pics, so keep that in mind.
- Remind your family of your expectations! Is it one location? 3? Map out your day so everyone is on the same page. Communication is key!
- Don’t make any other plans for the day. Coming straight from a birthday party or event can make for some overtired kiddos!
2. Simplicity is key!
- Don’t overcomplicate your outfits. Yes, you want to look fabulous, but let’s try to keep everyone comfortable too! Try to color coordinate…the less busy the better!
3. Come prepared!
- Snacks, iPads, perhaps or a special treat? Give the kids something to look forward to, so they know once they’re done they get to reward themselves for cooperating!
4. Learn to pivot!
- Yes, it might rain, kids might break down, but be open to shifting your expectations of what the perfect shoot should look like and manage your ability to realize there might be some obstacles and it will be just fine!
5. Have fun!
- You will look back at these precious photos for years to come and be so glad you took the time to make your family feel so important!
The next time you decide to book a family session you should totally consider working with Elina’s Dream Photography. Elina has an artistic passion for photos and snapping just the right one! Her mission is to let the love shine through every photo she takes.
We met via Instagram, had a brief phone conversation and I just knew we had to collaborate! From connecting as Wellington mamas by way of New York and a true love for doing all things creative, she was open, honest and totally flexible.
Our session started on Palm Beach Island where we snapped some pics on a dreamy winding road (kids decided to pass out on us, so we let them sleep and enjoyed was was almost like an engagement shoot! Lol) and of course it started to rain! So we ducked for cover and took some amazing photos at Bethesda by the Sea, made our way to the iconic Palm Beach clock tower and finished off the shoot, by the famous “blue doors.”
Our photos came back so fast and each one was more beautiful than the next.
Elina IS a dream and I would absolutely recommend her for your next family photo session.
You can get connected with her and see her incredible work here.