So very grateful for everyone and their support! I always love putting together these lists, because not only does it help me to get organized, but it inspires all of you! Feel free to visit my Amazon or LTK storefront for all the inspo and don’t forget to shop all things Beautycounter! Enjoy the holiday season and make sure to add something special to your cart just for you! 🏼 *adds to cart 😉
Summer went by in a flash and back to school is here! We hope you had a fabulous summer packed with fun and memories to last a lifetime. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t going to miss the easy pace of slow summer, but we are excited for a new school year! There’s something to be said about fresh backpacks, new notebooks and pencils! As I kiss my kiddos and send them off to 1st and 4th grade, I couldn’t help but share our favorite finds! From clothes to supplies and everything in between, tax free is in full effect here in Florida and runs through August 3rd!
We partnered with WPTV NewsChannel 5, Wellington Green Mall, J.C. Penney’s, Francesca’s, Forever XXI and Abercrombie to give you all the back to school fashion you’ve been looking for in partnership with The Buzz Agency and sponsored by Cinnabon. Can you guess which color is this fall’s winner?
**This is a sponsored collab post with The Mall at Wellington Green and all opinions are that of
‘Merica! Land of the free and home of the brave! Now that summer is upon us, it’s time to bleed red, white and blue and celebrate what makes the U.S.A so spectacular! Here are 5 ways to show your patriotism this fourth!
- Sport your red, white and blue! Whether it’s a bathing suit, top or fun accessories you’re into…this list has everything you need to show your love for the U.S of A!
- Enjoy the fireworks! Every town has a free event where you can bring a blanket and enjoy the show! The Village of Wellington will host a free fireworks spectacular this 4th that’s sure to please! From food trucks to bounces houses and games, the event is from 12p to 7p and fireworks will start at 9:15p!
- Plan a bbq! Nothing screams the 4th of July like a good hot dog, some watermelon and corn on the cob! Gather your friends and family and enjoy some yummy food to celebrate America’s B-Day!
- Donate or fight for a good cause! No matter your stance or political party, it’s always a good time to show your love and support for the causes you believe in. Some of my favorites include Everytown (helping to prevent gun violence), text “BETTERBEAUTY” to 52886 to help fight for better beauty laws and more health protective legislation in America and sign a petition with change.org to continue the fight for women’s right to an abortion.
- Enjoy your freedoms and reflect on the fact that there are military who are protecting our rights as citizens to be living in the land of the free and the home of the brave! America the Beautiful is a great book to teach young children about our great country.
*I do receive a small commission for items purchased through 3rd party links. All opinions are that of Briana D’Andrea from momgirlblog and BD Media.
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, I break down my top 7 gifts for your favorite person!
- Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer: This hair dryer is the mother of all dryers! I have a TON of hair and it has cut my style time down in half! I’m talking 40 to 20 minutes out the door! The best part? It’s light weight and comes with a variety of add-ons to help curl, minimize frizz and so much more. No more going through blow dryers all the time. Dyson makes pretty great vacuums, so it only makes sense that they’re killing the blow dryer game! Hurry, because these sell out pretty quickly!
- Beautycounter’s Flawless in 5: Nothing says I love you like #cleanbeauty! Flawless in 5 takes you from drab to fab in just 5 short minutes! It includes your choice of a foundation (with or without spf), eyebrow pencil or gel, volumizing mascara, refillable creme blush and lip gloss. All of the shades are customizable to you and your skin tone. Need help? Just message me and I’d be happy to guide you in the right direction! New clients receive 30% off with the code “CLEANFORALL30” through the end of April. Shop now at Beautycounter.com/brianadandrea.
- You know I’m a #lillypulitzer gal and I just can’t get enough of the the new 2 piece Rosalie Skirt Set. The dainty shoulder ties and the periwinkle color is just so darling and the perfect Mother’s Day outfit. Nothing says Happy Mother’s Day like a floral Lilly set.
- Meet your new best friend: The Bogg Bag! This waterproof, functional bucket bag is waterproof and perfect for that beach or boat day! It comes with a variety of inserts and clip ons for you to mix and match for tip top organization! The best part? It comes in a variety of fashion forward styles. I of course chose the Palm Tree print, the leopard comes in a close second!
- It’s time to set those feet in motion and hit the pavement in my favorite Nike sneaks! The Metcon 6 Nikes allow your feet to get the oxygen they need to move at lightening speed! In the most breathable design yet, limit pressure and increases stability! Plus the variety of colors are fun!
- Get them hater blockers out! Diff Eyewear is a company with a purpose and their shade styles are quite the fashion forward piece! I opted for the “Vania.” Black and classic yet with a statement, these shades are the perfect “mom”-cessory. More than 2.7 million people have received eye care thanks to Diff’s program, “Gift of Sight.” Each purchase helps someone in need to see a bit clearer. Now if that isn’t a reason to sport these, I don’t know what is. #giveback
- With summer just around the bend or maybe a Mother’s Day getaway, Beautycounter’s Countertime travel kit is the gift you never knew you needed! It comes with the most adorable little mesh (TSA approved) bag and 5 products designed to keep your youth even while on the go. Featuring Countertime Anti-Aging Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil, Mineral Boost Hydrating Essence, Tripeptide Radiance Serum, Antioxident Soft Cream and Tetrapeptide Supreme Cream, the perfect recipe to minimize fine lines and wrinkles! What could be better?
“I’ve got a pocket, got a pocket full of sunshine!” Oh great another beauty product, I barely have the time to wash my face! Trust me, I get it and I hear ya sis! You HAVE to believe me when I say the Counter+ Brightening Serum is the number one product your face has been missing! With 2 forms of vitamin C, this sunshine in a bottle is the perfect punch needed to leave your skin glowing and radiant! Not only will you say bye bye to the appearance of dark spots, but the anti-oxidant rich turmeric and camu camu will shield your beautiful face against new spots popping up! Not only will you see an instant brightness to your skin, but your mug will be protected against daily skin agressors too! Can I get an AMEN?!
After just 8 weeks of use, 100% of clients said their skin looked brighter, 94% said their skin looked more even and their dark spots diminished and 97% said their skin looked more youthful!
So what are you waiting for? Ain’t no sunshine when she’s gone! New clients get 20% off right now with code “CLEANFORALL20!” Happy 8 years to Beautycounter! Go on and get your glow on and #findyourbright!
5% Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C): Antioxidant that reduces the appearance of dark spots and boosts skin brightening, to reveal more youthful-looking skin.
5% Bis-Glyceryl Ascorbate (Vitamin C): Moisturizes skin while providing antioxidant benefits known to protect skin from damaging environmental stressors. Helps improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract: The serum’s vibrant hue? That’s thanks to turmeric, an antioxidant superstar that helps even skin tone and improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Myrciaria Dubia (Camu Camu) Fruit Extract: This powerful antioxidant helps reduce the appearance of dark spots while brightening, to visually improve signs of skin fatigue.
As I sit here and wait for the election results to come in and I’ve already bit a nail, removed the polish and ate some chips today, lol, I can’t help, but think of one thing. I’m fortunate to live in a nation where I have my freedom of speech and the ability to use my voice. That’s exactly what I’ve been doing, since I could mutter my first words!
If you would have told me 10 years ago, that I would be working for myself, pushing cosmetic reform and leading a team of badass entrepreneurs, I would have laughed in your face! I always thought I would forever work long production hours, making not so great pay and finding someone to look after my children. I couldn’t be more proud of the company I work for, especially now. Beautycounter is affording men and women the opportunity to stay at home with their children during a worldwide pandemic, while fighting for #betterbeauty laws and making a significant income. It’s not lost on me that working in this sort of industry takes dedication, it takes grit and it takes so much confidence in yourself to continue to forge on. This year, Beautycounter’s CEO Gregg Renfrew was chosen to testify as an expert witness on Capitol Hill in a landmark cosmetic reform hearing. That is HUGE! So much so, because a federal law hasn’t been passed since 1938. Companies aren’t required to disclose the ingredients that make up a product and only 30 ingredients are banned from the list as it stands. Although The House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee passed The Cosmetic Safety Enhancement Act and California has passed The Safer Fragrance Bill and Toxic Free Cosmetic Act, we still have a ton of work to do! For now take a look at all of the accolades Beautycounter has managed to get under our wings. Enjoy this little video put together by the #bcdolls.
Ok, it’s time for some real talk! Everyone could use some extra cash during the holiday season. Especially now! Thanks to COVID-19 unemployment is through the roof! A side hustle that brings in a few hundred could mean your child enjoys tennis lessons. If it brings in something more along the lines of a thousand or two, that could mean you’ve got your rent covered. Or maybe you end up raking in a few thousand and you can work your full-time gig only part-time or maybe not even at all.
It happens to you every year, you have your lists, you make them and then somehow you unexpectedly forget someone. Not because you meant to, but because you are human! You’ve maxed your budget, you literally feel awful and you don’t know what to do! Side gigs are more than just a little bit of extra cash during the holiday season (although that’s a major bonus). It’s knowing if things hit the fan, you have a parachute. It’s knowing that if you then also work for a product company you might have a thing or two to give to someone who unexpectedly shows up on your doorstep with some love come Hanukkah and Christmas time!
In a recent Forbes article many celebrities have turned to side gigs, like private wine labels and lifestyle beauty brands to make ends meet since Hollywood was shut down.
Here’s the thing, people are going to spend money. It’s just a matter of where they are going to spend it! I don’t know about you, but there’s something to be said about supporting a small business. A single mom who has to raise her kids solo, a person who has a disability and their only means of making it, is via technology or even the dad that has 5 mouths to feed and just wants to make a difference while providing for his family. No matter the why, I would much rather support someone attempting to make a name for themselves if given the choice.
If you’re saying to yourself well, my plate is full how on earth would I be able to have something on the side? I’m here to tell you my friend, you get choose what is priority. You get to decide what brings you joy? Is it baking? Maybe you decide to sell some of your famous holiday cookies for people in your neighborhood who just can’t bake! Perhaps you have a green thumb and enjoy floral arrangements? Sell them! I would love to know someone who could take that off my plate. Or maybe you want to work for a company that is directly shipping goods to someone else’s doorstep out of sheer convenience? My point is, do some research, find your niche and get in the trenches. I haven’t had a boss in well over 8 years and it’s great to decide what I get to do.
I would call your bluff to say that you’re simply just afraid to explore something new, that you’re a creature of habit used to the same monotony that pays the bills, but you have to ask yourself are you truly happy? Think about the people in your life…would you love to spend more time with them? Would you want to the time freedom to do more of the things you love? Do you have debts that need paying off? I would venture to say you and I have that in common! Take the plunge and dive right in, even if it is just on the side and trust me you’ll be glad you did!
This mother’s day is most definitely unlike any other mother’s day anyone has ever experienced. When my husband asked me what I wanted this year my initial reaction was ALONE TIME! I know all of you #newhomeschoolmoms can feel me! Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful to be able to be safe at home with my family, but this mama won’t be getting her nails done, wont’t be going to the spa and won’t be on any kind of mall shopping spree. So this year, I put together my top 10 list of self-care things I’m loving from beauty to retail and even making your cooking a little more efficient! Enjoy and happy list making! Feel free to reach out with questions!
I’m so super stoked that Beautycounter brought back the Glow Getters Trio Set! It was a top seller over the holidays, with 3 gifts in one and the limited edition instant glow! Since we’re not doing much these days, this set is perfect for a treating your skin! The overnight resurfacing peel gives you an instant overnight facial, the instant glow is amazing for that natural glow we all crave and the illuminating cream highlighter in rose glow, gives you that natural color so you can feel somewhat like yourself!
- Get to do what you’re passionate about. Life’s too short to do spend your precious time doing things you don’t enjoy. Find something that fuels your passion and do it!
- Create your own hours. Being an entrepreneur is not for the faint of heart. However, it does provide you some great flexibility. You can work around your children, spouse or partner’s schedules, work from your pajamas and best of all you don’t have to put in time to take off work. However, you do have to show up every. single. day.
- Endless tax benefits. Gas? Write off. New Computer? Write off. Owning a business, you do have to make some initial investments, but the best part is that you can write most of them off! Talk to your CPA for more information.
- Present for your family and the things you love most. Nothing gives me greater pleasure, than being able to take my daughter to swim and gymnastics and my son to t-ball and help him with his homework. When you go into business for yourself, you can pick up and put down the business whenever you want. It’s important to stay present in these moments. Something I’m definitely working on all the time.
- Make as little or as much $$ as you want.
- No one says you have to work yourself to the bone to achieve massive success. However, it’s important to know your worth and reach for the stars. You can’t equate the amount of “hours” you put in on the daily. You just have to have a vision and goal and seek out to make it happen!
Top 5 reasons to join Beautycounter:
- Build a business with meaning. At Beautycounter our mission is to get safer products into the hands of everyone. It’s not often you get to work for a company, where you can make a significant social impact and money at the same time. Our products are also highly luxurious.
- Advocate for change. Meet with members of Congress to help enforce the Personal Care Product Safety Act. As it stands the U.S. only bans 30 ingredients in personal care products. At Beautycounter, we ban 1,500. Every formula goes through a rigorous test and is screened for safety. The work our army of advocates do is incredibly important, because it affects everyone. Everyone means everyone. Fast Company recognized Beautycounter as one of the top 50 innovative companies in the U.S. and number ONE in the beauty category. Google also recognized us as the #1 trending brand of 2018! There’s no better time to jump on this fast moving train then now!!
- Change lives. One of our pillars is to educate people on the topic of safety. You can change someone’s life by arming them with information to make better and more informed decisions. People work out, eat healthy foods and then unknowingly douse themselves in products that contain harmful ingredients. It’s our job to help the one we love, make the switch to safer, Beautycounter or otherwise. Educating people with regards to changing their products from one’s that contains harmful and unnecessary ingredients like Parabens, phlatates and formaldehyde most commonly used in beauty products that is now a $60B industry!
- Community. Our incredible advocates or consultants are amazing. The network of women I’ve met along the way are not only inspiring, but are here to help. Whether you want to work the business part-time, full-time, you need ideas or just someone to vent to. I’ve made lifelong friends through this company and for that it’s been worth it!
- The amazing icing on top! As a consultant you receive 25% off everything you buy and are eligible to make up to 35% commissions on everything you sell. You’re eligible for bonuses, incentive trips, free products. Each kit comes with everything you need to get started, our hero overnight resurfacing peel, a long wear color intense lipstick and your back office training through Counter University. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Some ways I’ve been able to incorporate the business into my day to day…
- I do product drop offs to and from events and schools drop offs and pick-ups.
- I usually workout and schedule my work time after that until I have to pick up my children from school. I then pick the business back up during quiet time and occasionally at night once they fall asleep.
- I don’t have an immense social media following, but I use what I’ve got to create a small community of people that are interested in what I have to put out. Everyone out there has something they want to share with the world and equally there’s someone out there that wants to hear it. If you’re a graphic designer, a teacher or a finance person you can absolutely incorporate that into Beautycounter’s mission.
- I pick it up when I want and set it down when I want.
Top 5 Favorite Products: 15% off through April 15th!
- Countercontrol Pore Cleanser
- Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel
- Rejuvenating Eye Cream
- Moisturizing Tint Skin Foundation
- The BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY!
If nothing else, support the cause by purchasing through me and using your wallet to urge congress to pass better beauty laws and text “BETTERBEAUTY” to 52886 today!