So very grateful for everyone and their support! I always love putting together these lists, because not only does it help me to get organized, but it inspires all of you! Feel free to visit my Amazon or LTK storefront for all the inspo and don’t forget to shop all things Beautycounter! Enjoy the holiday season and make sure to add something special to your cart just for you! 🏼 *adds to cart 😉
Back to school is here!
Summer went by in a flash and back to school is here! We hope you had a fabulous summer packed with fun and memories to last a lifetime. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t going to miss the easy pace of slow summer, but we are excited for a new school year! There’s something to be said about fresh backpacks, new notebooks and pencils! As I kiss my kiddos and send them off to 1st and 4th grade, I couldn’t help but share our favorite finds! From clothes to supplies and everything in between, tax free is in full effect here in Florida and runs through August 3rd!
We partnered with WPTV NewsChannel 5, Wellington Green Mall, J.C. Penney’s, Francesca’s, Forever XXI and Abercrombie to give you all the back to school fashion you’ve been looking for in partnership with The Buzz Agency and sponsored by Cinnabon. Can you guess which color is this fall’s winner?
**This is a sponsored collab post with The Mall at Wellington Green and all opinions are that of
Top 5 most patriotic ways to celebrate The 4th of July!
‘Merica! Land of the free and home of the brave! Now that summer is upon us, it’s time to bleed red, white and blue and celebrate what makes the U.S.A so spectacular! Here are 5 ways to show your patriotism this fourth!
- Sport your red, white and blue! Whether it’s a bathing suit, top or fun accessories you’re into…this list has everything you need to show your love for the U.S of A!
- Enjoy the fireworks! Every town has a free event where you can bring a blanket and enjoy the show! The Village of Wellington will host a free fireworks spectacular this 4th that’s sure to please! From food trucks to bounces houses and games, the event is from 12p to 7p and fireworks will start at 9:15p!
- Plan a bbq! Nothing screams the 4th of July like a good hot dog, some watermelon and corn on the cob! Gather your friends and family and enjoy some yummy food to celebrate America’s B-Day!
- Donate or fight for a good cause! No matter your stance or political party, it’s always a good time to show your love and support for the causes you believe in. Some of my favorites include Everytown (helping to prevent gun violence), text “BETTERBEAUTY” to 52886 to help fight for better beauty laws and more health protective legislation in America and sign a petition with change.org to continue the fight for women’s right to an abortion.
- Enjoy your freedoms and reflect on the fact that there are military who are protecting our rights as citizens to be living in the land of the free and the home of the brave! America the Beautiful is a great book to teach young children about our great country.
*I do receive a small commission for items purchased through 3rd party links. All opinions are that of Briana D’Andrea from momgirlblog and BD Media.
Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, I break down my top 7 gifts for your favorite person!
- Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer: This hair dryer is the mother of all dryers! I have a TON of hair and it has cut my style time down in half! I’m talking 40 to 20 minutes out the door! The best part? It’s light weight and comes with a variety of add-ons to help curl, minimize frizz and so much more. No more going through blow dryers all the time. Dyson makes pretty great vacuums, so it only makes sense that they’re killing the blow dryer game! Hurry, because these sell out pretty quickly!
- Beautycounter’s Flawless in 5: Nothing says I love you like #cleanbeauty! Flawless in 5 takes you from drab to fab in just 5 short minutes! It includes your choice of a foundation (with or without spf), eyebrow pencil or gel, volumizing mascara, refillable creme blush and lip gloss. All of the shades are customizable to you and your skin tone. Need help? Just message me and I’d be happy to guide you in the right direction! New clients receive 30% off with the code “CLEANFORALL30” through the end of April. Shop now at Beautycounter.com/brianadandrea.
- You know I’m a #lillypulitzer gal and I just can’t get enough of the the new 2 piece Rosalie Skirt Set. The dainty shoulder ties and the periwinkle color is just so darling and the perfect Mother’s Day outfit. Nothing says Happy Mother’s Day like a floral Lilly set.
- Meet your new best friend: The Bogg Bag! This waterproof, functional bucket bag is waterproof and perfect for that beach or boat day! It comes with a variety of inserts and clip ons for you to mix and match for tip top organization! The best part? It comes in a variety of fashion forward styles. I of course chose the Palm Tree print, the leopard comes in a close second!
- It’s time to set those feet in motion and hit the pavement in my favorite Nike sneaks! The Metcon 6 Nikes allow your feet to get the oxygen they need to move at lightening speed! In the most breathable design yet, limit pressure and increases stability! Plus the variety of colors are fun!
- Get them hater blockers out! Diff Eyewear is a company with a purpose and their shade styles are quite the fashion forward piece! I opted for the “Vania.” Black and classic yet with a statement, these shades are the perfect “mom”-cessory. More than 2.7 million people have received eye care thanks to Diff’s program, “Gift of Sight.” Each purchase helps someone in need to see a bit clearer. Now if that isn’t a reason to sport these, I don’t know what is. #giveback
- With summer just around the bend or maybe a Mother’s Day getaway, Beautycounter’s Countertime travel kit is the gift you never knew you needed! It comes with the most adorable little mesh (TSA approved) bag and 5 products designed to keep your youth even while on the go. Featuring Countertime Anti-Aging Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil, Mineral Boost Hydrating Essence, Tripeptide Radiance Serum, Antioxident Soft Cream and Tetrapeptide Supreme Cream, the perfect recipe to minimize fine lines and wrinkles! What could be better?
Top 5 Family Photography Tips w. Elina’s Dream Photography!
You and your people in your favorite place…all smiles, hugs and good vibes.
Making memories that last you a lifetime.
Taking photos with your family should be a fun and engaging time.
If I’m being honest, I know it can be tough to rally the troops and get the look you were hoping for, but with these top 5 tips you’ll be sure to stay ahead of the game when it comes time to snapping those pics that leave lasting memories!
- Plan Ahead!
- Discuss with your photographer when and where you want to shoot!
- Golden hour (sunset) makes for the best pics, so keep that in mind.
- Remind your family of your expectations! Is it one location? 3? Map out your day so everyone is on the same page. Communication is key!
- Don’t make any other plans for the day. Coming straight from a birthday party or event can make for some overtired kiddos!
2. Simplicity is key!
- Don’t overcomplicate your outfits. Yes, you want to look fabulous, but let’s try to keep everyone comfortable too! Try to color coordinate…the less busy the better!
3. Come prepared!
- Snacks, iPads, perhaps or a special treat? Give the kids something to look forward to, so they know once they’re done they get to reward themselves for cooperating!
4. Learn to pivot!
- Yes, it might rain, kids might break down, but be open to shifting your expectations of what the perfect shoot should look like and manage your ability to realize there might be some obstacles and it will be just fine!
5. Have fun!
- You will look back at these precious photos for years to come and be so glad you took the time to make your family feel so important!
The next time you decide to book a family session you should totally consider working with Elina’s Dream Photography. Elina has an artistic passion for photos and snapping just the right one! Her mission is to let the love shine through every photo she takes.
We met via Instagram, had a brief phone conversation and I just knew we had to collaborate! From connecting as Wellington mamas by way of New York and a true love for doing all things creative, she was open, honest and totally flexible.
Our session started on Palm Beach Island where we snapped some pics on a dreamy winding road (kids decided to pass out on us, so we let them sleep and enjoyed was was almost like an engagement shoot! Lol) and of course it started to rain! So we ducked for cover and took some amazing photos at Bethesda by the Sea, made our way to the iconic Palm Beach clock tower and finished off the shoot, by the famous “blue doors.”
Our photos came back so fast and each one was more beautiful than the next.
Elina IS a dream and I would absolutely recommend her for your next family photo session.
You can get connected with her and see her incredible work here.
*This is a sponsored post. All opinions and suggestions are that of Briana D’Andrea of momgirlblog.
New Year, New Shows at The Kravis Center
Since the holidays have come to a close, the curtains are up at the Kravis Center and the New Year calls for new shows, designed to both get you out of your seat and keep you mesmerized!
The family and I got the unique chance to get all dressed up to see “Rudolph the Musical,” just before closing out 2021. We put on our Christmas best and headed to the performing arts center in downtown West Palm Beach, to see one of only two exclusive shows of season. With strict COVID protocols in place, (*see below), we felt safe and at ease while singing along to everyone’s favorite reindeer tune! Upon being greeted by a giant red tree, grabbing a few tasty snacks, we found our seats and were ready to ride on Santa’s sleigh! The costumes, the set design and even the original score were incredible! Shockingly, I think my husband has been bit by the showbiz bug, because he thoroughly enjoyed it as well! It took me back to my high school days, performing on stage and feeling the rush of the curtain call. It was such an incredible time had by all and we cannot wait to go back soon!
Today marks the 2022 season at The Kravis Center, as they welcome their latest show “SUMMER: The Donna Summer Musical,” known as the girl from Boston with a voice from heaven in what is said to be a ‘moving tribute to the voice of a generation,’ with tickets starting at $33.
This weekend The Eisenhower Dance Troop invites patrons to experience an evening of exhilarating dance in a show called “F-E-E-L,” for $40 and a free drink. Cheers!
Then later this month Ledisi sings “Nina,” which is considered a beautifully orchestrated mixture of classical, jazz and rhythm & blues in honor of the great Nina Simone and if you can’t catch that show, then hopefully you can grab a ticket for Pink Martini and China Forbes, which will feature dozens of musicians singing songs in 25 languages. Both shows are offered at a starting price point of $29.
The month will close out with an “Ultimate Tribute to Tina Turner” in “PROUD Tina!” From a live band to vocalists and dancers, the show is guaranteed to be an electrifying showcase of The Queen of Rock and Roll’s greatest hits throughout the decades! From her smash hit ‘What’s Love Got To Do With It?,’ to ‘Proud Mary,’ the show will certainly have you rolling on the river! Tickets start at just 25 bucks!
Phew! That’s just January! Visit kravis.org to see their complete list of shows, snag tickets and get all of your questions answered!
*Upon entry everyone is required to show their vaccination card or a negative COVID test result, no less than 3 days old. You’re welcome to arrive early on site to take a complimentary test if that works better for you. Children under 12 are not required to do so.
*Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post and a partnership in conjunction with Kravis.org. Opinions mentioned are original and that of Briana D’Andrea and momgirlblog.com. Follow Briana D’Andrea for her latest updates!
Kennedy space center blast off!
Visiting Kennedy Space Center exceeded our expectations!
Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex has always been on our family’s travel bucket list since the day our 8-year-old son was born! Although he and my husband are both Star Wars fanatics, most recently our little guy has had an affinity for space and the world beyond. After seeing some rocket launches and doing a virtual visit with an astronaut this past year, we knew we had to jump on the opportunity to get to Cape Canaveral. We had quite the incredible experience at America’s spaceport from start to finish and the best part was, it’s fun for ALL ages! With our 5-year-old daughter in tow and a celebration for my mom’s birthday, we chartered a journey to the Space Coast!
We started off the day by taking the obligatory photo in front of the NASA meatball and it was the most gorgeous day! Something really awesome is the visitor complex is on an island, so the cross breeze is absolutely glorious! We made our way to the very back of the park to get things started off on the right foot…our journey to “Atlantis.” This larger than life exhibit was at the top of our must-see things to explore while at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, so we wanted to make sure we started off with a bang! After watching a quick and inspirational movie, we did a self-guided walking tour of the ship, complete with interactive exhibits to keep the kids fully engaged and learned all about NASA’s Space Shuttle program. From sitting in a cockpit to an interactive space simulation activity and even a slide that boosts you to another dimension, we were able to play astronaut for the day and see what it was like to eat, sleep and live in outer space.
We then made our way over to Planet Play. This new interactive play space is a glow in the dark, 3 story behemoth of a playground, where the kids can let loose and just be kids! Next stop was lunch! From a variety of salads and sandwiches to choose from and not just your typical pizza and chicken tenders lunch, it was great! We had a Cobb salad and a Beyond burger from the Orbit Cafe. We were lucky enough to dine in the courtyard otherwise known as “NASA Central,” where we snapped a quick photo op with a spaceperson! We ducked into where we learned all about space moving rovers and how they travel around Mars!
Next stop was “The Space Shop.” Whether signed memorabilia or space food is your thing, there’s something for everyone in this two story shop, which might I say, was very well done! After grabbing a few mementos to remember what was already such an incredible day, we grabbed some “Space Dots,” ice cream and boarded a bus for our next mission on the other side of the compound. *Best bet is to book your bus tour upon arrival, so you get to pick the best time for you and your family to explore.
The “Space Bus,” dropped us off behind NASA’s pearly gates, where some of the most famous spaceships in our nation’s history have prepared for launch! We drove past the Vehicle Assembly Building, one of the largest buildings in the world by volume, where rockets like the Saturn V moon rocket was assembled and arrived at the Apollo/Saturn V Center. We were able to see the Saturn V…the largest rocket ever flown! *Fun fact: Every human who has stepped foot on the moon, launched from Kennedy Space Center aboard a Saturn V rocket! It was completely breathtaking and larger than life and we are already planning an overnight trip to stay there at the facilities! Yes, you can do that! After learning about man’s first trip to the moon and honoring the three heroes, whose lives were lost in Apollo 1, we prepared for lift off, back to base camp just in time to catch a 3D IMAX movie about asteroids, which totally blew our minds!
On our way out we explored the “Rocket Garden,” home to incredible and famous rockets from NASA programs like the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo…a place where you literally feel like an ant in a sea of giant space vehicles.
We had such an incredible day and can’t wait to visit again soon! Highly recommend paying a trip to the Space Coast! For more information or to book a trip to visit Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
*This is a paid sponsored post with Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. All opinions are true and that of Briana D’Andrea from momgirlblog. Follow Briana D’Andrea to see more photos from our trip and follow her family adventures on her lifestyle blog momgirlblog.com. #kennedyspacecenter #momgirlblog #lookup
Check out our fun day in under an IG reel under a minute here!
Our Family Trip on The Cape and “Around the Sound”
If you’re looking for a fun-filled family vacation full of summer vibes then look no further.
Hy-Line Cruises is your ticket to an adventure at sea! Follow along with Briana D’Andrea as she takes you aboard their day cruise!
I can almost hear the words in my ear. Billy Joel singing “Noreaster Alexa.” You know the part where he says he had chartered a course to the Vineyard, but tonight he is Nantucket bound? I can now really connect with that verse, after taking a visit to the Cape this summer with my family for the forth of July. It’s been a tradition of ours to explore a new destination and there’s something really special about that part of world. Perhaps it’s the easy breeze that hits your face coming off the coast, the back and forth rocking of sailboats on the docks or the sound of the seagulls chirping by, but one things for sure…no visit is complete without a trip to the cape’s neighboring islands…Nantucket, otherwise known as “The Grey Lady,” or The Vineyard you know…Martha’s?
I knew when I was doing my research and planing our vacation, a trip to the Cape’s sister islands was a MUST, but I just wasn’t sure how I would swing it, with the limited amount of time we had and two kids with such short attention spans, it didn’t seem like the stars would align. Between our trip to Portland and Acadia and a visit with the majestic whales (also a must and probably a separate blog post), I knew our trip had to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. That’s where Hy-Line Cruises came in to play. Their staff, especially Ruth were so incredibly helpful with customizing a perfect trip for our little family. With a fleet of ships and an array of excursions to choose from, you can’t go wrong with the adventures they offer. We settled on a trip “Around the Sound,” and what an adventure it was!
We departed Hyannis Port at 8:30a, quite literally ‘Nantucket bound,’ aboard the aptly named Grey Lady! The ship has sight seeing decks, a snack bar, bathrooms and plenty of room to stretch your legs both inside and outside on their rooftop decks. We made sure to arrive 45 minutes before departure and just before we loaded up, we grabbed a quick bite at their amazing on site restaurant, “The Landing Cafe.” Whether you’re a breakfast person or lunch is more your thing, there’s something for everyone! The kids split a bagel with cream cheese and a fresh fruit smoothie and the hubby and I had a quiche and an egg, cheese and bacon English muffin. Everything was fresh and the staff were super helpful and sweet. Highly recommend their grab and go section of salads and wraps too, in case you wanted to do a picnic on one of the islands. Next time I’m snagging a freshly baked popover! Yum!
ALL ABOARD! We were off! While the kids played patty cake (we had a nice chat about this trip being a little bit of work time for mommy, so they were on their best behavior! Lol) Michael and I honed in on exactly what we wanted to accomplish while on the islands. It took about an hour or so to get to our first destination and thanks to to all the health protocols put in place, it was a stress-free and relaxing little trip.
Once docked, it was like we were transported to another dimension. Don’t get me wrong the Cape is great, but Nantucket? It has just a je ne sais quoi. Think hydrangea blooms, cobblestoned streets, gray shingled little cottages dating back to the 19th century, yachts along the dock, a beach for the kids to play (aptly named “Children’s Beach”) and the list goes on. The town was founded in 1641 and while most of the island is accessible by bike or foot, you can ship your car over for a small fortune. From little boutiques to cafes and hidden vias, this island is much like Palm Beach (my favorite local place), only with a much richer history. The fact that Beautycounter and Lilly Pulitzer have some real estate on the island didn’t hurt either and the people who come to summer there year after year, are some of the friendliest you’ll ever meet.
After hitting up a couple of shops (The Nantucket Surf Club is super cute and worth checking out), a quick bite at The Nantucket Tavern and a dip of the toes in the sound at Children’s Beach, we were back on board for our next leg of the trip. Make sure to arrive at least 15 minutes before departure, so they can scan your tickets and get a seat in the best possible spot. Should you need any assistance, Hy-Line has an adorable little office right on the port.
On our way to the vineyard we had an incredible view of the famous Brant Point Lighthouse on the top deck of the ship and I happened to spot a pirate ship setting sail across the sound, which was pretty neat and made for a perfect photo op!
After some incredible seaside views and quick cat nap, we disembarked on to Martha’s Vineyard. The vibe there was a tad different than Nantucket, more of a laid back flip-flops and beer kind of energy versus the oysters and champagne. (Both great in my opinion).
We made our way over to a local ice cream shop where the hubby and I shared a coffee and Oreo ice cream and an iced coffee and the kids landed on rainbow sherbert and mint chocolate chip. We meandered our way over to the historic Gingerbread District, a real sight to see! Painted in shades of sky blue and peach cobbler, these whimsical homes stem back more than 150 years to 1826. Each one more darling than the next, in an array of colors with their own themes and names. Almost like a real life Disney World. We saw one for sale and just might make an offer! Lol
Once we snapped out of it, we skipped back down to the beach (where jaws was filmed), passing the world’s oldest carousel and let the kids take a quick dip to cool off. (We told them the Jaws tidbit after the fact! lol) They guzzled down some fresh fried cod, before boarding the ship back to our home base on the Cape at the Anchor In.
As I write this, it was such a dream come true to be able to make those memories with my family, an experience most definitely worth while and one I would highly recommend thanks to Hy-Line Cruises. Hy-Line makes it easy to travel with your family to create memories that will last a lifetime. We will definitely be back someday.
*This is a sponsored post with Hy-Line Cruises. All opinions are true and that of Briana D’Andrea from momgirlblog.com. The “Around the Sound” trip was sponsored and paid for by Hy-Line Cruises. For more information or to book a trip today visit hylinecruises.com. Follow Briana D’Andrea for more adventures with her family on her lifestyle blog momgirlblog.com. #thisishyline #momgirlblog
Happy Earth day!
5 ways to protect our mother earth!
Happy Earth Day! Protecting mother earth is more than just tree hugging and riding your bike when you can. It’s about making small tweaks to your everyday routine! Here are the top 5 ways you can pitch in and play a part!
- Reusable Water Bottles: There are so many great options for reusable water bottles, not only is it more affordable for you, but according to plasticfreechallenge.org “We produce roughly 300 million tons of plastic each year and half of it is disposable!” Recent studies have shown an increase in toxic chemicals in our bloodstream, thanks to it seeping into our bloodstream causing cancer, infertility issues and birth defects to name a few! Imagine what an impact you canmake! These are my fave water bottles!
- Recycle: You know what to do renew, reuse, recycle! According to the University of Southern Indiana, recycling a single run of the Sunday New York Times would save 75,000 trees.
- Reusable Bags: There are so many cute reusable totes these days, you’re bound to find something you dig! Plus, how annoying are plastic bags piling up or even the paper ones you have to then fold up?! Come on people check some of these cute bags out and make the switch today!
- Plant a tree or just plant anything!: Trees give off oxygen and oxygen is LIFE! Why not grow a garden or if you’re like me and can’t keep anything alive, plant a tree in your backyard! Here are a few fun options for the kiddos!
- Coral Reef Safe Sunscreen: Not all sunscreens are created equal. It’s important to support companies who walk the walk. Lots of companies out there “greenwash,” a term used to bogusly convince consumers to buy their “safe” or “all-natural” products. Be your own advocate and do your research. Beautycounter’s Countersun Mineral Safe Sunscreen is not only good for your littles, but it’s also good for the coral reefs! Why is that important? Places like Hawaii have banned sunscreens deemed unsafe for our reefs, because it was not only killing the little fishes and our reefs.We recently launch our sustainability report and our blueprint for clean launched 12 safety standards for our manufacturers! Check them out here!
The Silver Lining
So I wrote this article three months back for Aroundwellington.com, with every intention of posting it on my blog, but then of course “mom brain,” came in full force. What my old quarantine self didn’t know, is that if you doubled the amount of time we were “safe at home,” we would still be here. So much has changed since then. Our entire nation saw an immense tragedy of racial injustice and a social divide to boot, our family would embark on the road trip of a lifetime with stories to tell forever, Florida would open up just to close again, forcing us to going into fall learning digitally and I would lose my best friend of 17 years, my little pup sushi who first made me a momma. I’m not saying when I wrote this that I took anything for granted, but if I could go back and tell myself to hang on for the wild ride and that things were just getting started, it might have made things a little easier. The only thing that comes to mind is that the comeback is greater than the setback and here’s to our little silver linings.
There’s always a silver lining, you just have to look for it. We have been in quarantine for 72 days and counting. There have been some major wins and some major losses that’s for sure. Families torn apart, lives taken and lessons learned. We’ve stretched ourselves in ways we never thought possible. We took on roles we could never envision stepping in to. My heart truly goes out to all of the people greatly affected by Covid-19, but I’m here to share some of the positive perspectives, I for one have experienced, because if nothing else, it’s a therapeutic practice you should give a try.
The other day, I had a flashback about the time my son graduated from preschool and was off to grade school. I remember literally sitting in my bed crying and eating ice cream, thinking how fast time flew and that my first born baby was all grown up. How he won’t need his mama anymore. Of course looking back, it was probably a tad mellowdramatic and I did get past that phase. Fast-forward to present day, where I’ve had to put on a new hat of being his teacher among other things. The opportunity has given me a couple of moments I never thought I would be so fortunate to receive. When he has a math problem he comes to me, when he has a wifi problem…who does he go to? Me. When he simply wants to sneak in a hug? You betcha…me! While at times the idea of being all the things to my children has been nothing short of overwhelming, it also has been a time that I will forever cherish. The time I will look back on and say I got to sneak in those extra hours just us, when they could’ve been in school and I was out and about working and running errands.
I’ve learned who my true friends and people are in the midst of all this. Who is checking in on me and who is there for me no matter what. It almost helps to keep the good and weed out the bad in a more timely fashion, if you will. My marriage has stood the test of time, because god knows being stuck at home with anyone much less your significant other all day long, is a true test of your love. I’ve started a podcast called momgirlpod, dedicated to helping other moms become the best versions of themselves alongside my first passion project momgirlblog.com. I’ve binged watched shows (which I never used have the time to do), started a cookbook and have read and listened to countless books too. We’ve gone fishing, took beach had picnics, gone on bike rides, made tie dye t-shirts, baked, cooked, crafts, built forts, played video games and board games and drove countless hours exploring new areas we never knew about. My team has grown, my business has grown and my wallet has too (thanks to not eating out as much) and I’ve been able to take on more self-care than I really care to. Can anyone say at home mani/pedi?
Now don’t get me wrong, this time has been stressful, I’ve eaten more than I like to admit, but I’ve been working out way more than I had before. It does suck to not get dressed up and go out with friends, but we’ve been able to get creative with ways to stay in touch virtually. Date night could’ve been a thing of the past, but now my husband and I have a standing date every Tuesday night, which we never had! I’ve become a pro at charcuterie board making and have taken on a new hobby as bartender thanks to that! I’ve learned that going forward, I’m going to say no to more things and yes to only the things that really bring me pure joy! Plus, I’ve been able to watch my children learn right before my very eyes! I almost liken it to being there for their first word or their first step, much less their ability to read their first book! Motherhood is most definitely a blur of sorts, but if you step back and put on your glasses (lol), you most definitely will see that there is always a silver lining…what’s yours?