So very grateful for everyone and their support! I always love putting together these lists, because not only does it help me to get organized, but it inspires all of you! Feel free to visit my Amazon or LTK storefront for all the inspo and don’t forget to shop all things Beautycounter! Enjoy the holiday season and make sure to add something special to your cart just for you! 🏼 *adds to cart 😉
Summer went by in a flash and back to school is here! We hope you had a fabulous summer packed with fun and memories to last a lifetime. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t going to miss the easy pace of slow summer, but we are excited for a new school year! There’s something to be said about fresh backpacks, new notebooks and pencils! As I kiss my kiddos and send them off to 1st and 4th grade, I couldn’t help but share our favorite finds! From clothes to supplies and everything in between, tax free is in full effect here in Florida and runs through August 3rd!
We partnered with WPTV NewsChannel 5, Wellington Green Mall, J.C. Penney’s, Francesca’s, Forever XXI and Abercrombie to give you all the back to school fashion you’ve been looking for in partnership with The Buzz Agency and sponsored by Cinnabon. Can you guess which color is this fall’s winner?
**This is a sponsored collab post with The Mall at Wellington Green and all opinions are that of
‘Merica! Land of the free and home of the brave! Now that summer is upon us, it’s time to bleed red, white and blue and celebrate what makes the U.S.A so spectacular! Here are 5 ways to show your patriotism this fourth!
- Sport your red, white and blue! Whether it’s a bathing suit, top or fun accessories you’re into…this list has everything you need to show your love for the U.S of A!
- Enjoy the fireworks! Every town has a free event where you can bring a blanket and enjoy the show! The Village of Wellington will host a free fireworks spectacular this 4th that’s sure to please! From food trucks to bounces houses and games, the event is from 12p to 7p and fireworks will start at 9:15p!
- Plan a bbq! Nothing screams the 4th of July like a good hot dog, some watermelon and corn on the cob! Gather your friends and family and enjoy some yummy food to celebrate America’s B-Day!
- Donate or fight for a good cause! No matter your stance or political party, it’s always a good time to show your love and support for the causes you believe in. Some of my favorites include Everytown (helping to prevent gun violence), text “BETTERBEAUTY” to 52886 to help fight for better beauty laws and more health protective legislation in America and sign a petition with change.org to continue the fight for women’s right to an abortion.
- Enjoy your freedoms and reflect on the fact that there are military who are protecting our rights as citizens to be living in the land of the free and the home of the brave! America the Beautiful is a great book to teach young children about our great country.
*I do receive a small commission for items purchased through 3rd party links. All opinions are that of Briana D’Andrea from momgirlblog and BD Media.
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, I break down my top 7 gifts for your favorite person!
- Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer: This hair dryer is the mother of all dryers! I have a TON of hair and it has cut my style time down in half! I’m talking 40 to 20 minutes out the door! The best part? It’s light weight and comes with a variety of add-ons to help curl, minimize frizz and so much more. No more going through blow dryers all the time. Dyson makes pretty great vacuums, so it only makes sense that they’re killing the blow dryer game! Hurry, because these sell out pretty quickly!
- Beautycounter’s Flawless in 5: Nothing says I love you like #cleanbeauty! Flawless in 5 takes you from drab to fab in just 5 short minutes! It includes your choice of a foundation (with or without spf), eyebrow pencil or gel, volumizing mascara, refillable creme blush and lip gloss. All of the shades are customizable to you and your skin tone. Need help? Just message me and I’d be happy to guide you in the right direction! New clients receive 30% off with the code “CLEANFORALL30” through the end of April. Shop now at Beautycounter.com/brianadandrea.
- You know I’m a #lillypulitzer gal and I just can’t get enough of the the new 2 piece Rosalie Skirt Set. The dainty shoulder ties and the periwinkle color is just so darling and the perfect Mother’s Day outfit. Nothing says Happy Mother’s Day like a floral Lilly set.
- Meet your new best friend: The Bogg Bag! This waterproof, functional bucket bag is waterproof and perfect for that beach or boat day! It comes with a variety of inserts and clip ons for you to mix and match for tip top organization! The best part? It comes in a variety of fashion forward styles. I of course chose the Palm Tree print, the leopard comes in a close second!
- It’s time to set those feet in motion and hit the pavement in my favorite Nike sneaks! The Metcon 6 Nikes allow your feet to get the oxygen they need to move at lightening speed! In the most breathable design yet, limit pressure and increases stability! Plus the variety of colors are fun!
- Get them hater blockers out! Diff Eyewear is a company with a purpose and their shade styles are quite the fashion forward piece! I opted for the “Vania.” Black and classic yet with a statement, these shades are the perfect “mom”-cessory. More than 2.7 million people have received eye care thanks to Diff’s program, “Gift of Sight.” Each purchase helps someone in need to see a bit clearer. Now if that isn’t a reason to sport these, I don’t know what is. #giveback
- With summer just around the bend or maybe a Mother’s Day getaway, Beautycounter’s Countertime travel kit is the gift you never knew you needed! It comes with the most adorable little mesh (TSA approved) bag and 5 products designed to keep your youth even while on the go. Featuring Countertime Anti-Aging Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil, Mineral Boost Hydrating Essence, Tripeptide Radiance Serum, Antioxident Soft Cream and Tetrapeptide Supreme Cream, the perfect recipe to minimize fine lines and wrinkles! What could be better?
If you’re looking for a fun-filled family vacation full of summer vibes then look no further.
I can almost hear the words in my ear. Billy Joel singing “Noreaster Alexa.” You know the part where he says he had chartered a course to the Vineyard, but tonight he is Nantucket bound? I can now really connect with that verse, after taking a visit to the Cape this summer with my family for the forth of July. It’s been a tradition of ours to explore a new destination and there’s something really special about that part of world. Perhaps it’s the easy breeze that hits your face coming off the coast, the back and forth rocking of sailboats on the docks or the sound of the seagulls chirping by, but one things for sure…no visit is complete without a trip to the cape’s neighboring islands…Nantucket, otherwise known as “The Grey Lady,” or The Vineyard you know…Martha’s?
I knew when I was doing my research and planing our vacation, a trip to the Cape’s sister islands was a MUST, but I just wasn’t sure how I would swing it, with the limited amount of time we had and two kids with such short attention spans, it didn’t seem like the stars would align. Between our trip to Portland and Acadia and a visit with the majestic whales (also a must and probably a separate blog post), I knew our trip had to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. That’s where Hy-Line Cruises came in to play. Their staff, especially Ruth were so incredibly helpful with customizing a perfect trip for our little family. With a fleet of ships and an array of excursions to choose from, you can’t go wrong with the adventures they offer. We settled on a trip “Around the Sound,” and what an adventure it was!
We departed Hyannis Port at 8:30a, quite literally ‘Nantucket bound,’ aboard the aptly named Grey Lady! The ship has sight seeing decks, a snack bar, bathrooms and plenty of room to stretch your legs both inside and outside on their rooftop decks. We made sure to arrive 45 minutes before departure and just before we loaded up, we grabbed a quick bite at their amazing on site restaurant, “The Landing Cafe.” Whether you’re a breakfast person or lunch is more your thing, there’s something for everyone! The kids split a bagel with cream cheese and a fresh fruit smoothie and the hubby and I had a quiche and an egg, cheese and bacon English muffin. Everything was fresh and the staff were super helpful and sweet. Highly recommend their grab and go section of salads and wraps too, in case you wanted to do a picnic on one of the islands. Next time I’m snagging a freshly baked popover! Yum!
ALL ABOARD! We were off! While the kids played patty cake (we had a nice chat about this trip being a little bit of work time for mommy, so they were on their best behavior! Lol) Michael and I honed in on exactly what we wanted to accomplish while on the islands. It took about an hour or so to get to our first destination and thanks to to all the health protocols put in place, it was a stress-free and relaxing little trip.
Once docked, it was like we were transported to another dimension. Don’t get me wrong the Cape is great, but Nantucket? It has just a je ne sais quoi. Think hydrangea blooms, cobblestoned streets, gray shingled little cottages dating back to the 19th century, yachts along the dock, a beach for the kids to play (aptly named “Children’s Beach”) and the list goes on. The town was founded in 1641 and while most of the island is accessible by bike or foot, you can ship your car over for a small fortune. From little boutiques to cafes and hidden vias, this island is much like Palm Beach (my favorite local place), only with a much richer history. The fact that Beautycounter and Lilly Pulitzer have some real estate on the island didn’t hurt either and the people who come to summer there year after year, are some of the friendliest you’ll ever meet.
After hitting up a couple of shops (The Nantucket Surf Club is super cute and worth checking out), a quick bite at The Nantucket Tavern and a dip of the toes in the sound at Children’s Beach, we were back on board for our next leg of the trip. Make sure to arrive at least 15 minutes before departure, so they can scan your tickets and get a seat in the best possible spot. Should you need any assistance, Hy-Line has an adorable little office right on the port.
On our way to the vineyard we had an incredible view of the famous Brant Point Lighthouse on the top deck of the ship and I happened to spot a pirate ship setting sail across the sound, which was pretty neat and made for a perfect photo op!
After some incredible seaside views and quick cat nap, we disembarked on to Martha’s Vineyard. The vibe there was a tad different than Nantucket, more of a laid back flip-flops and beer kind of energy versus the oysters and champagne. (Both great in my opinion).
We made our way over to a local ice cream shop where the hubby and I shared a coffee and Oreo ice cream and an iced coffee and the kids landed on rainbow sherbert and mint chocolate chip. We meandered our way over to the historic Gingerbread District, a real sight to see! Painted in shades of sky blue and peach cobbler, these whimsical homes stem back more than 150 years to 1826. Each one more darling than the next, in an array of colors with their own themes and names. Almost like a real life Disney World. We saw one for sale and just might make an offer! Lol
Once we snapped out of it, we skipped back down to the beach (where jaws was filmed), passing the world’s oldest carousel and let the kids take a quick dip to cool off. (We told them the Jaws tidbit after the fact! lol) They guzzled down some fresh fried cod, before boarding the ship back to our home base on the Cape at the Anchor In.
As I write this, it was such a dream come true to be able to make those memories with my family, an experience most definitely worth while and one I would highly recommend thanks to Hy-Line Cruises. Hy-Line makes it easy to travel with your family to create memories that will last a lifetime. We will definitely be back someday.
*This is a sponsored post with Hy-Line Cruises. All opinions are true and that of Briana D’Andrea from momgirlblog.com. The “Around the Sound” trip was sponsored and paid for by Hy-Line Cruises. For more information or to book a trip today visit hylinecruises.com. Follow Briana D’Andrea for more adventures with her family on her lifestyle blog momgirlblog.com. #thisishyline #momgirlblog
“I’ve got a pocket, got a pocket full of sunshine!” Oh great another beauty product, I barely have the time to wash my face! Trust me, I get it and I hear ya sis! You HAVE to believe me when I say the Counter+ Brightening Serum is the number one product your face has been missing! With 2 forms of vitamin C, this sunshine in a bottle is the perfect punch needed to leave your skin glowing and radiant! Not only will you say bye bye to the appearance of dark spots, but the anti-oxidant rich turmeric and camu camu will shield your beautiful face against new spots popping up! Not only will you see an instant brightness to your skin, but your mug will be protected against daily skin agressors too! Can I get an AMEN?!
After just 8 weeks of use, 100% of clients said their skin looked brighter, 94% said their skin looked more even and their dark spots diminished and 97% said their skin looked more youthful!
So what are you waiting for? Ain’t no sunshine when she’s gone! New clients get 20% off right now with code “CLEANFORALL20!” Happy 8 years to Beautycounter! Go on and get your glow on and #findyourbright!
5% Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C): Antioxidant that reduces the appearance of dark spots and boosts skin brightening, to reveal more youthful-looking skin.
5% Bis-Glyceryl Ascorbate (Vitamin C): Moisturizes skin while providing antioxidant benefits known to protect skin from damaging environmental stressors. Helps improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract: The serum’s vibrant hue? That’s thanks to turmeric, an antioxidant superstar that helps even skin tone and improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Myrciaria Dubia (Camu Camu) Fruit Extract: This powerful antioxidant helps reduce the appearance of dark spots while brightening, to visually improve signs of skin fatigue.
Let’s be honest, sweating is the pits and most of us are desperate to find whatever it is to keep our stink & sweat at bay. However, there’s a difference between a deodorant & an anti-perspirant. Most anti-perspirants traditionally use aluminum, which pretty much just blocks the sweat. Sounds good right? Wrong! What ends up happening is it plugs your sweat ducts, which has long-term adverse effects. Typically the cells end up re-growing and could lead to some pretty scary scenarios. Plus, our bodies never get to really have a natural detox! If we don’t detox, then the heavy metals never leave our body. Scary to think about right?? Deodorants help to absorb sweat & fight odors caused by toxins to keep you feeling fresh as a flower or coconut! Best place to start is with a charcoal mask detox on your pits and find a safe deodorant that works!
Pit Detox Challenge
Think about it. Every day you are in constant contact with hundreds of different environmental toxins on any given day. From industrial to pollution, to different types of foods, cleaning products and yes deodorant, you are subjecting yourself to lots of toxic ingredients. Now, I say this not to scare you, but to be mindful of the products you are choosing to place and SIT on your skin every single day just like we choose safer beauty products.
The toxins like to sit and store and multiply in the cells within tissues of your body. This can cause some serious health, hormonal and reproductive issues.
When we choose to “detox,” we are giving our bodies the permission to release all the toxins from our bodies and improve our overall health and well-being.
Let’s talk pits…
I know what you’re thinking, well don’t I want to look like a sweaty pig?! The short answer is yes, but we need to let those toxins we talked about be released from our bodies.
Please remember these two things:
- Our skin, which is our largest organ is constantly absorbing all of the things. Simply layering harmful ingredients to our bodies suppresses their functionality and leaves us subject to illness and disease.
- When it comes to our armpits, where our lymph nodes like to hang out, switching to a clean and non-toxic deo is a great way to put an end to the possibility of toxic and harmful ingredients entering the body.
Steps of Detoxing and what you can expect:
Step 1: The Detox
In this stage you’ve got to consider mind over matter. Your pores are going ot open up and let out all of the toxins. You will probably sweat more and even stink a little. Using the Beautycounter charcoal mask should help to speed up the process some!
It could take up to 2 weeks before you fully release all of the toxins. Stay strong and drink lots of h20.
Use the clean deo just as you would your regular one and reapply when you feel like it.
Feel free to use the deo at night too, bc you’ll definitely be doing some detoxing in your overnight rejuvenation process!
Remember to STAY STRONG! The heavy sweats and stinky pits means your body is working to release the gunk! Mind over matter, YOU GOT THIS!
Drink lots of water during the detox process! 8 cups at a minimum.
Ditch the processed foods and alcohol whenever possible to make the transition a little smoother. The less your body has to detox the better equipped to make the transition to clean deo seamless.
Let your body sweat! It’s a natural occurence and needs to happen and don’t sweat the small stuff! K?
The most harmful thing you can do is clog the pores that are working to cool and regulate your body and its temperature!
Step 2: Adjustment
At this point your armpit has rid of more than 50% of the toxic yuckiness stored and believe it or not your pits are starting to work the way they were intended to! That’s a win! At this point the smell and sweats will begin to subside!
Step 3: Acclimatization
At this point your pits are able to regulate themselves. Most of the toxins have said their goodbyes to your pits and and your lymph nodes are pretty clean. Although you may not be as sweaty, you will still sweat, because we our jobs are never done when it comes to detoxification.
Important to note*: Try not to introduce toxins back in, this is a lifelong commitment and journey to your health and well-being.
Give yourself some grace:
There will be instances when you need to reach for that anti-perspirant when necessary or on special occasions. The most important thing to remember is to NEVER GIVE UP! Your mind is stronger than you think and your body will thank you in the long run!
Have questions? Just ask! Shoot me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit my site to order yours today!
*I do make a commission based on sales as an independent consultant with Beautycounter.
I feel like I get this question all the time…what do you use on your skin?
Let me start off by saying that no two skins are alike and all skins aren’t created equal!
Here’s the thing, I don’t care what products you use, but you should most definitely wash your face at least twice a day! Think of all the dust, grime and pollution you face daily, it’s important to wash the crud to not only feel good, but to keep your skin looking radiant and young! Isn’t that what we all want?
Here is the 4 step process you should commit to at least daily:
Step 1: Cleanse- Remove any makeup or excess oil.
Step 2: Prep- Get your skin ready for treatment. When you cleanse your skin, especially with hot water, those pores open up. It’s important to shut those puppies back up so you can get your face ready for the real deal!
Step 3: Treat- This step packs powerful benefits and is often times overlooked. Do you have dull skin? Dark spots? Wrinkles? Whether you’re in the market for a serum or peel it’s important to stay focused on keeping this a step as a part of your regimen!
Step 4: Protect- Last but not least it’s the step that locks it all in. The moisturizer step! Whether you need a cream that’s going to counteract your oily skin or one that will boost hydration it’s important to understand your largest organ to treat it with only the best. You can skimp on a pair of earrings or jeans, don’t skimp on your face!
Not sure where to begin? Take this quiz, enter your concerns and see what is recommended.
Remember, your regimen is like an ingredient to you favorite recipe. If one item is missing, then it won’t give you the optimum results you’re in search of!
You wouldn’t make chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips right?
It’s important to get adequate sleep, h20 and minimize the stress as best you can! I know what you’re thinking…ha! You got this! I like to double cleanse with the Countercontrol Cleanser and Countertime Cleansing Oil.
*Video features Countermatch Toner, Overnight Resurfacing Peel, Countertime Supreme Cream & Countertime Eye Cream. Music by Outkast.
*I do make a commission based on sales as an independent consultant with Beautycounter.
As I sit here and wait for the election results to come in and I’ve already bit a nail, removed the polish and ate some chips today, lol, I can’t help, but think of one thing. I’m fortunate to live in a nation where I have my freedom of speech and the ability to use my voice. That’s exactly what I’ve been doing, since I could mutter my first words!
If you would have told me 10 years ago, that I would be working for myself, pushing cosmetic reform and leading a team of badass entrepreneurs, I would have laughed in your face! I always thought I would forever work long production hours, making not so great pay and finding someone to look after my children. I couldn’t be more proud of the company I work for, especially now. Beautycounter is affording men and women the opportunity to stay at home with their children during a worldwide pandemic, while fighting for #betterbeauty laws and making a significant income. It’s not lost on me that working in this sort of industry takes dedication, it takes grit and it takes so much confidence in yourself to continue to forge on. This year, Beautycounter’s CEO Gregg Renfrew was chosen to testify as an expert witness on Capitol Hill in a landmark cosmetic reform hearing. That is HUGE! So much so, because a federal law hasn’t been passed since 1938. Companies aren’t required to disclose the ingredients that make up a product and only 30 ingredients are banned from the list as it stands. Although The House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee passed The Cosmetic Safety Enhancement Act and California has passed The Safer Fragrance Bill and Toxic Free Cosmetic Act, we still have a ton of work to do! For now take a look at all of the accolades Beautycounter has managed to get under our wings. Enjoy this little video put together by the #bcdolls.
- Get to do what you’re passionate about. Life’s too short to do spend your precious time doing things you don’t enjoy. Find something that fuels your passion and do it!
- Create your own hours. Being an entrepreneur is not for the faint of heart. However, it does provide you some great flexibility. You can work around your children, spouse or partner’s schedules, work from your pajamas and best of all you don’t have to put in time to take off work. However, you do have to show up every. single. day.
- Endless tax benefits. Gas? Write off. New Computer? Write off. Owning a business, you do have to make some initial investments, but the best part is that you can write most of them off! Talk to your CPA for more information.
- Present for your family and the things you love most. Nothing gives me greater pleasure, than being able to take my daughter to swim and gymnastics and my son to t-ball and help him with his homework. When you go into business for yourself, you can pick up and put down the business whenever you want. It’s important to stay present in these moments. Something I’m definitely working on all the time.
- Make as little or as much $$ as you want.
- No one says you have to work yourself to the bone to achieve massive success. However, it’s important to know your worth and reach for the stars. You can’t equate the amount of “hours” you put in on the daily. You just have to have a vision and goal and seek out to make it happen!
Top 5 reasons to join Beautycounter:
- Build a business with meaning. At Beautycounter our mission is to get safer products into the hands of everyone. It’s not often you get to work for a company, where you can make a significant social impact and money at the same time. Our products are also highly luxurious.
- Advocate for change. Meet with members of Congress to help enforce the Personal Care Product Safety Act. As it stands the U.S. only bans 30 ingredients in personal care products. At Beautycounter, we ban 1,500. Every formula goes through a rigorous test and is screened for safety. The work our army of advocates do is incredibly important, because it affects everyone. Everyone means everyone. Fast Company recognized Beautycounter as one of the top 50 innovative companies in the U.S. and number ONE in the beauty category. Google also recognized us as the #1 trending brand of 2018! There’s no better time to jump on this fast moving train then now!!
- Change lives. One of our pillars is to educate people on the topic of safety. You can change someone’s life by arming them with information to make better and more informed decisions. People work out, eat healthy foods and then unknowingly douse themselves in products that contain harmful ingredients. It’s our job to help the one we love, make the switch to safer, Beautycounter or otherwise. Educating people with regards to changing their products from one’s that contains harmful and unnecessary ingredients like Parabens, phlatates and formaldehyde most commonly used in beauty products that is now a $60B industry!
- Community. Our incredible advocates or consultants are amazing. The network of women I’ve met along the way are not only inspiring, but are here to help. Whether you want to work the business part-time, full-time, you need ideas or just someone to vent to. I’ve made lifelong friends through this company and for that it’s been worth it!
- The amazing icing on top! As a consultant you receive 25% off everything you buy and are eligible to make up to 35% commissions on everything you sell. You’re eligible for bonuses, incentive trips, free products. Each kit comes with everything you need to get started, our hero overnight resurfacing peel, a long wear color intense lipstick and your back office training through Counter University. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Some ways I’ve been able to incorporate the business into my day to day…
- I do product drop offs to and from events and schools drop offs and pick-ups.
- I usually workout and schedule my work time after that until I have to pick up my children from school. I then pick the business back up during quiet time and occasionally at night once they fall asleep.
- I don’t have an immense social media following, but I use what I’ve got to create a small community of people that are interested in what I have to put out. Everyone out there has something they want to share with the world and equally there’s someone out there that wants to hear it. If you’re a graphic designer, a teacher or a finance person you can absolutely incorporate that into Beautycounter’s mission.
- I pick it up when I want and set it down when I want.
Top 5 Favorite Products: 15% off through April 15th!
- Countercontrol Pore Cleanser
- Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel
- Rejuvenating Eye Cream
- Moisturizing Tint Skin Foundation
- The BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY!
If nothing else, support the cause by purchasing through me and using your wallet to urge congress to pass better beauty laws and text “BETTERBEAUTY” to 52886 today!