5 ways to protect our mother earth!
Happy Earth Day! Protecting mother earth is more than just tree hugging and riding your bike when you can. It’s about making small tweaks to your everyday routine! Here are the top 5 ways you can pitch in and play a part!
- Reusable Water Bottles: There are so many great options for reusable water bottles, not only is it more affordable for you, but according to plasticfreechallenge.org “We produce roughly 300 million tons of plastic each year and half of it is disposable!” Recent studies have shown an increase in toxic chemicals in our bloodstream, thanks to it seeping into our bloodstream causing cancer, infertility issues and birth defects to name a few! Imagine what an impact you canmake! These are my fave water bottles!
- Recycle: You know what to do renew, reuse, recycle! According to the University of Southern Indiana, recycling a single run of the Sunday New York Times would save 75,000 trees.
- Reusable Bags: There are so many cute reusable totes these days, you’re bound to find something you dig! Plus, how annoying are plastic bags piling up or even the paper ones you have to then fold up?! Come on people check some of these cute bags out and make the switch today!
- Plant a tree or just plant anything!: Trees give off oxygen and oxygen is LIFE! Why not grow a garden or if you’re like me and can’t keep anything alive, plant a tree in your backyard! Here are a few fun options for the kiddos!
- Coral Reef Safe Sunscreen: Not all sunscreens are created equal. It’s important to support companies who walk the walk. Lots of companies out there “greenwash,” a term used to bogusly convince consumers to buy their “safe” or “all-natural” products. Be your own advocate and do your research. Beautycounter’s Countersun Mineral Safe Sunscreen is not only good for your littles, but it’s also good for the coral reefs! Why is that important? Places like Hawaii have banned sunscreens deemed unsafe for our reefs, because it was not only killing the little fishes and our reefs.We recently launch our sustainability report and our blueprint for clean launched 12 safety standards for our manufacturers! Check them out here!